About Me

My photo
Hey Everyone, welcome to my blog. Where the goal is to share how my life has been, and continues to be, impacted as a result of chronic Lyme disease.

Monday, May 7, 2018

Day 7: Tests

Today I will share some of the testing I did to get a Lyme diagnosis; and what I think about them.

Quick disclaimer: I’m talking about my diagnosis process, and recommendations.....but that doesn’t mean that my way is the only way.

1. My first test was the Horowitz Lyme-MSIDS questionnaire
2. General blood work
3. Bio-resonance
4. Specific blood work (from specific labs)

I want to mention that when it comes to getting tested for Lyme, blood work is unreliable. At best it’s less than 50% accurate. So if I were you I would start with the Horowitz questionnaire. If that is showing positive then I would try blood work next. I sent my blood work to labs in Germany and California which are the best labs in the world. They do more thorough testing than any Canadian labs.

In Canada so many tests are false negatives or very weak positives (usually these are counted as negative too). So it’s important to not rely solely on those results.

And I did the following test multiple times to check what exactly I’m dealing with, the severity, and the damage.
1. Urine/stool tests
2. Lumbar puncture (spine and brain related)
3. ECG (heart related)
4. EKG (heart related)
5. MRI. (brain and neck related)
6. CT scan (brain related)
7. Ultrasounds

I’m pretty sure I did some other tests too, only I can’t remember.

If you, or someone you love is concerned you may have Lyme but don’t know what steps to take, you are welcome to speak with me. I am NOT a doctor, but I can at least give you support.

No comments:

Post a Comment